There are so many things that are taken into consideration while getting ready for college admissions, like- what to study, where to study, college fees, how to apply, are there any entrance tests for that course and many more. But have you ever thought about the most important phase of your life, i.e., how to get ready for jobs in college?
9 ways in which you yourselves can do that are:
1. Pay Attention to your Class Lectures: Try to gain as much knowledge as you can from the study classes. Clarify your doubts and try to be proactive in your classes. This bring you to the attention to your professors and would also build a good relation with them. This would help you to get good recommendations in future.
2. Internships: Try to take up internships during your college days. This gives you a #on_job experience and at the same time improves your professional skill sets so that when you are at your real job you are at par with your colleagues.
3. Practical Knowledge: Engage some extra hours of yours in practical jobs. Visit your labs daily and try to do things in a different way, to grave some extra credits – make sure your CV screams out that you are extremely proficient in your subject and hiring you would be extremely beneficial for them.
4. Extra-curricular Activities: Get involved into sports, drama, organised events. These would earn some extra credits for your CV, as recruiters always look for all rounder candidates rather than a Bookworm. This shows an individual’s ability to be a team participant and the possibility to balance out work and fun.
5. Practice as Many Times as you can: Do a mock interview with yourself or another person and record it along with the best answers to those questions which you think will be asked during an interview. Intelligent questions points out a strong candidate. A good practice can make you gain more confidence and help in polishing your presentation. Once, you are done with it means your are ready for the job interview.
6. Career Counselling: Career counselling or career development is one of the best ways to help knowing and understanding yourself so as to make your dreams come true. In the world of work, it is more than just deciding on a major and what job you want to get when you become a college graduate. Not only it helps in making one’s educational decisions but also life decisions by mentoring him or her on career-related issues.
7. Communication Skills: Good interpersonal skills can put your feet into the shoes of your dream job. At times, even if you falter behind in education or the lack of work experience – having a master on your tongue proves to be the best thing. So if you are an introvert, buck up from now on.
8. Groom yourself: College and working are two complete opposite poles of this earth. So you need to understand the transition and groom yourself accordingly.Corporate world always demands your professional outlook whether its your skills, mentally or your attire. All counts simultaneously.
9. Building Network: While in college and when you are undergoing your internships, make sure you make contacts and create your own network. Plus, be in favorable terms with your professors and seniors as these are the guys that would prove extremely helpful to you in the future.
Learning through a challenging course builds self-confidence in yourself, thus helping you to do well in you career.
So, always treat your college as your job.
Feel free to share your valuable comments.